Starting this fall, I'm going to starting a literary journal called The Metro for high school students as my Capstone Project for high school (since I'm doing studies on literacy rates in children and teens). I have *everything* planned out for it and chances are it'll be published biannually (winter and spring) in an e-zine format and print edition (although I'm still in crossroads whether or not it should be a chapbook or regular 'letter' size). I'm hoping I'll have the website finalized by fall and a larger editorial staff as well (or possibly note me if you're interested in becoming staff?), but if you have any entries that correspond to the submission guidelines here: docs.google.com/document/d/1jI… feel free to send me a note. However, only electronic submissions are accepted.
Orrrr you should really check out Polyphony HS, too (polyphonyhs.com/) I've been currently training to become an editorial staff member there and it's published only once a year.
- For this summer, I was accepted as an writing apprentice at the Mark Twain Museum.
- Read 1984 and loved it.
- Submitted to at least 5 literary journals-- published in one (which I believe was printed recently? Not sure)
- Became really headstrong about moving to New York.
- Retaking the SAT arughhh.
- Fell in love with Game of Thrones
- Even happier that Looking for Alaska was going to be a movie yesssss c
I seriously need to become more active on here